StuCo Platforms: Student Outreach Coordinator: Rachel Silverio ’15

Hey Everyone!

My name is Rachel Antonia Silverio, I’m class of 2015, and I am running to be your Student Outreach Coordinator! At Swarthmore, I have been fortunate enough to participate in many aspects of student life, including being President of the German Club, a member of Sustainability Committee, a violinist in the orchestra, and part of the fundraising committee for Not Yet Sisters. Among my favorite things are the Strokes, loose leaf tea, Eastern European literature, Indian bar and Pub Nite. Over the summer, I had the fortune to work at a startup in San Francisco as a Social Media Marketing intern. There, I was given oversight of the company’s WordPress-based blog, Twitter, and Facebook, and was tasked with analyzing the response data. I hope that my perspective on Swatlife along with my social networking skills will help me expand the outreach that Student Council has done thus far.

While I am excited to work with social media, there are a couple initiatives as student outreach coordinator that I will advocate for on student council:

Fostering greater relations within the TriCo through reaching out to their Student Councils. Increased discourse between schools could increase collaboration between student groups and advertising for special events within the Trico.

Continuing the Student Council’s Small Steps Forward initiative that has been so successful in past. I would like to continue the outreach for suggestions through alternate forms of social media.

Thank you so much for reading my platform! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at rsilver2, and otherwise, I appreciate your vote!

Hello, did you like this article? Write for The Gazette! Open staff meetings are every Monday at 7:30 p.m. in The Daily Gazette office on Parrish 4th; You can also email us at editors@daily.swarthmore.edu.