Daniela Kucz ’14 is a Gender and Sexuality Studies major and Biology minor. She enjoys finding new music in obscure places, traveling the world, waiting around at the fire station for EMT calls, and cooking (as well as eating) food in her spare time. In terms of music, she loves anything that has rhythm and/or a haunting melody.
This playlist is a collection of songs that I listen to while cooking, dancing around, or dancing around while cooking. In order to get away from the craziness of Swarthmore, I will sometimes spend quite a bit of time doing mindless things. I believe that the best kind of music is the kind that you can get lost in, and these songs most definitely let me do so, accompanying my cooking, cleaning, and other not very intellectual endeavors.
1. “Settle Down” – Kimbra
2. “Too Close” – Alex Clare
3. “Welcome Home” – Radical Face
4. “On A Train” – Yuksek
5. “Your Ghost” – Greg Laswell
6. “Night Air” – Jamie Woon
7. “Wicked Game” – James Vincent McMorrow
8. “This Head I Hold” – Electric Guest
9. “Cruel Intentions” – Simian Mobile Disco ft. Beth Ditto
10. “Race You” – Elizabeth & the Catapult
11. “Stone In My Heart” – Graffiti6
12. “Percussion Gun” – White Rabbits
13. “Hey Mama” – Mat Kearney
14. “The Girl and The Robot” – Röyksopp
15. “When the Night Falls” – Chromeo ft. Solange Knowles
“Campus Mixtapes” is a feature highlighting the musical tastes of different people at Swarthmore. To nominate someone for inclusion, please email Kat Clark ’12 (kclark9).
Hello, did you like this article? Write for The Gazette! Open staff meetings are every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in The Daily Gazette office on Parrish 4th. Info about our editors can be found here; you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.