What’s Wrong With Wireless?

The short answer? No one knows.

As students came back from Winter break, many returned to their laptops only to learn that wireless had somehow stopped working. Vivek Ananthan ’10 says his wireless had been awry for the past couple of weeks. “At first, when I tried to connect, it just wouldn’t recognize my computer,” he explains. “Now, it always takes me back to the network reconfiguration page that you got when you first registered your wireless. Every time I try to get online, I have to restart the entire process.”

Gayle Barton, the Director of Information Technology Services, said in an email that ITS is still unable to solve the problem. “We have been looking into this for a while, but have only actually seen a few student laptops and that makes it harder to diagnose the problem.”

Any students who’ve been experiencing difficulties should take their computers to ITS to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, did you like this article? Write for The Gazette! Open staff meetings are every Monday at 7:30 p.m. in The Daily Gazette office on Parrish 4th; You can also email us at editors@daily.swarthmore.edu.

0 comments

1. 0
    Matt Turner '10 says:

1.) Reinstall the Bradford agent
    2.) [Re-]Install
    3.) Reset your wireless
    4.) If necessary restart your computer

This seems to work for me most of the time