Campus Life Representative, Omari Scott

Dear Fellow Students:

My name is Omari Scott ’12 and I am running for Campus Life Representative. The thought of a freshman running for this position might sound a little scary for some of you, but I assure you, you need not be afraid. As a freshman, I bring a new and fresh perspective to the Swarthmore community.

I understand the importance of communication, meeting deadlines, and working as part of a team, as I have served in various leadership positions in high school, and currently serve as a the Civic and Political Action Coordinator for SASS. I am also a very good listener, which is a vital characteristic for this position. I am already a reachable person, but will be even more so as Campus Life Representative to ensure your satisfaction.

One of the major issues I have heard discussed over the past few months is the inefficiency of the driers in the dorm laundry rooms. I believe that this is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the administration because our continuous use of these inefficient machines is a detriment to the environment. While I support Earthlust’s campaign for students to use drying racks, I also think it is necessary that we begin to invest in better drying machines. This is one of the many concerns I know students in the community face, and I am running for Campus Life Representative because I want to serve as a voice for you.

I only have one promise for you, and that is I will work tirelessly with the other Campus Life Representative, Student Council members, and appropriate members of the administration to make sure your concerns as a member of this community are heard and addressed.

Yours truly,

Omari Scott

Did you like this article? Consider joining the DG! Open staff meetings are every Monday at 6:30 p.m. in Kohlberg; or email us at editors@daily.swarthmore.edu.

0 comments

1. 0
    Informed Voter says:

First off, I just want to say I wish I were in such a position that Barack Obama (or someone pretending to be him) would take the time to read a platform I'd written.

But, while I'm not really sure what's going on above with this apparent endorsement/unendorsment/re-endorsement by President Obama, I would like to say that as a concerned member of the Swarthmore comunity, I throw my support behind Omari because of all the candidates running for this position, his platform seems to be the strongest.

Godspeed young man!

2. 0
    Barack Obama says:

While I cannot deny that Swarthmore played an integral role in my strategy for winning the recent presidential election, I am disappointed to see so many students purporting to speak for me on the various forms of campus media. Just today I was perusing the Phoenix when I came upon the letter to Swarthmore admissions that Phillip Issa had composed in my voice. As if that piece of journalism wasn't enough, I now find that I cannot even check the Daily Gazette before bed without learning that I have endorsed Omari for Student Council!

While I am sure that Omari would make a fine Campus Life Representative, I cannot give him my endorsement, since I am planning on endorsing NOTA once again, as I have in the past 10 StuCo Elections.

Wishing you the best,
    Barack

3. 0
    Barack Obama says:

After reviewing your platform, I believe you are the best candidate to represent the Swarthmore community. If you were older I would have chosen you to be my V.P. Michelle and I are happy to endorse you.

Best of Luck,

Barack