Sharples-goers on Valentine’s Day were treated to a warm fire glowing in the fireplace during dinner. Why is this such a rare sight? According to Linda McDougall, Director of Dining Services, it’s because of a lack of firewood availability and having someone tend to the fire. Also, “It seems like it remains ‘special’ when it is used for special occasions and snowy days,” she added. But Swatties have hope—if a snow storm materializes on Friday, McDougall says the fireplace may be lit.
Hello, did you like this article? Write for The Gazette! Open staff meetings are every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in The Daily Gazette office on Parrish 4th. Info about our editors can be found here; you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.