1. It will be packed.
2. The band, headed by vocalist/guitarist Alec Ounsworth, provides a poppy fresh sound, slightly reminiscent of indie darlings The Walkmen.
3. Ounsworth hails from Philadelphia. CYHSY may have come together at Connecticut College. They live in Brooklyn now.
4. The band burst upon the scene just this summer with a critically-acclaimed self-released self-titled album.
5. The disc included mix-tape fave “The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth,” which contains such satisfyingly cryptic lyrics as “Understand the movement of the wind/Or the waves out in the ocean or how/Like the hours I change softly slowly…” while maintaining a catchy beat.
6. They refused to appear on “The OC.”
7. David Bowie’s a confirmed fan.
8. With minimal record company assistance and no publicity, their debut sold more than 25,000 copies since its July release, according to “The Boston Phoenix.”
9. They’re playing a small intimate club before embarking on a serious European tour.
10. It’s free to students.
11. It will be packed.
Hello, did you like this article? Write for The Gazette! Open staff meetings are every Monday at 7:30 p.m. in The Daily Gazette office on Parrish 4th; You can also email us at email@example.com.